Monday 7 July 2014

Last Night A Soul Song Changed My Life: Neil Kaiser















Last Night A Soul Song Changed My Life: Neil Kaiser

Charles Sheffield - It's Your Voodoo Working

This is a song that has particular meaning to me because up until I played this for my wife (who at the time was my girlfriend) she had been somewhat reserved around me. We were in the new stages of our relationship and feeling each other out. She heard that song and just let go, dancing like a crazy woman; silly and goofy, but rhythmic and wild. I am pretty sure that was when I knew we'd be together forever. That was eight and a half years ago, and we just celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary.

Neil Kaiser, out of Seattle, USA, is also known as DJ Zimmy.


(* this excerpt is taken from Issue #4 of the Soultearoa Shakedown fanzine. You can read the rest of this issue, plus all the back issues, here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment